Machine Operator Trainee/Apprentice
This is not just a job opportunity. It's a career opportunity.
We are currently looking to hire a Machine Operator Trainee from the Hesperia, Victorville, Apple Valley, Phelan, Adelanto area. We are looking for a top notch person who wants to learn a trade and will not miss time from work once employed. Applicants who meet the requirements shown below will be invited in to be tested for math/mechanical abilities.
- Good Mechanical Ability
- Good Basic Math Ability (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, decimals and fractions)
- Minimum 5 years work experience (machine experience not required)
- Solid work history
- Previous manufacturing experience is a plus
- Fluent speaking English
- Must be U.S. Citizen or Legal Resident
- Starting pay $12.00/hr for the first 12 weeks
- Pay of $14/hr after 90 days
- 6 paid holidays, after 90 days of Full-Time Employment.
- 1 week after 1 year
- 2 weeks at 2 years
- 3 weeks at 5 years
- 4 weeks at 10 years.
- Sign-on Bonus of $2000
- To be paid at the completion of one full year of Full-Time work.
- Cannot miss more than 3 days of work in that year.
- Jury duty excepted.
- Pre-arranged doctor appointments are excepted if we have a minimum of 1 week notice.
- Cannot be late more than 3 times.
Upon entry to the position, you can expect:
- Pay raise to $14.00/hr when you become proficient at loading the machines and proper inspection techniques for our product. You should be proficient within 90 days.
- Subsequent raises come every 3 months thereafter and range from $0.25 to $1.00/hr for the next 2 years. Raises will be dependant upon the rate of your progression in skills and productivity and attendance record.
- A solid operator who produces as expected and does not miss time from work is expected to be earning $17/hr within 1 year and $20/hr within 2 years.
- After 2 years, evaluations for raises will be every 6 months until you have 5 years experience. Raises will still be $0.50 to $1.00/hr.
- After 5 years, evaluations are on an annual basis and are based on your job performance.
The difficult part of the job:
- Noisy Environment - We provide earplugs, but the noise level is such that there is no social interaction with workers during their shifts.
- Oily environment - You will get oily up to your elbows on a regular basis during your shift. If you have no problem working on a car, then you should do fine here.
- Lonely - Due to the noise level, you must be within 1-2 feet of a coworker to hear them. If you are talking to a coworker during your shift, then you are not doing your job and neither is he/she. Thus talk during working hours is discouraged. If you want to socialize with coworkers, then do so when off-the-clock.
- You will work for your pay. It's not hard labor, but it does require focus, attention and hustle to make quality product in our high production environment. We need both quality and quantity.
The good part of the job:
- Good Pay
- Good Hours (Mon-Fri, 8 hrs/day, day shift)
- Indoor Heated in the Winter and cooled by evaporative coolers in the Summer.
- This is not a seasonal job. You will be working solidly all year around, Monday thru Friday, except holidays with weekends off.
- It's a good trade. Good Davenport Machine operators with experience are never out of work. There always has been a solid demand for experienced Davenport Machinists.
- Once you learn the trade, you'll never be out of a job again unless you want to be.
Please apply in person between the hours of 10:00 am and 6:00 pm at:
Daven Screw Products
17330 Muskrat Ave
Adelanto CA 92301
Equal Opportunity Employer